Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Bonny Doon Garden Company-Documentary on PBS Tonight!

The Bonny Doon Garden Company

Exciting News to Share

The Botany of Desire

Documentary on PBS Tonight!

Almost exactly two years ago, I was contacted by a film producer inquiring if I would be interested in being interviewed for a documentary entitled

'The Botany of Desire' based on the book by Michael Pollan. Ironically, I had just gotten around to reading it, and had only just begun days before!

I was honored to be a part the filming, and the garden looked gorgeous for them!

However, in the editing process, great efforts were put forth in order to fit in all the good footage, while also weaving a good story, alas my footage didn't make the cut! Well, most of it-apparently if you do not blink at all for two hours, you may be able to catch a glimpse of me in my garden.

BUT WAIT! Here's the good news I wanted to share with you!

The producer was intriqued by footage they shot of the garden, and the interview was of interest enough to create a bonus feature! Click here to view my 6 minutes and 53 seconds of fame! Like a Florist from 100 Years Ago.

It is an honor for me to be a part of this fascinating documentary at any level, but I think you'll agree, this bonus feature they put on the incredible web site and on the DVD itself is quite impressive! I hope you get a chance to see it, and of course the whole documentary tonight too!

You may purchase the DVD from from the PBS/Botany site if you'd like, or it will also be available for purchase from my store in November. Enjoy!

This is going to be a fascinating two hours tonight!

Don't forget to tune in or TiVo!

Channel PBS, Wednesday, October 28, 2009 8:00 pm

Teresa Sabankaya

The Bonny Doon Garden Company

1101 Fair Ave - Santa Cruz, California 95060

(831) 421-0975

www.bonnydoongardenco.com

No comments: